Love & Passion
Are you ready for the prime of campers? Camper Iceland is the only company that rents out these beautiful trucks. A short history to explain why we rent them out. Back in 2009 we were asked by a customer to rent out a big truck. Ever since then we have rented these American full size heavy-duty trucks. Americans and Canadians can drive it with a normal driving licence. Europeans need to have the C1 driver licence present when picking it up. These vehicles are so nice that your holiday becomes a mixture between exploring Iceland and enjoying the ride.
The category features GMC 3500, Chevrolet Silverado 3500, Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty and Ford F350 Heavy Duty. It is hard to tell which one you will get, but they are all equally nice.
We have put together a few tips to make your planning easier. Our oldest brand dates back to 1987, hence the data is quite reliable. The Ring Road might seem short but if all the hot spots are visited the average KM are 2300 Km. The recommended travel time for the Ring Road is min. 12 days. If you only drive the Highland tour (Kjölur & Sprengisandur) zou will drive 1100 Km.
Ring Road KM
Highland Trip KM
Camper Iceland presents the heavy duty 4×4 Camper with the large hard side camper.
The camper is much larger than other 4×4 Campers on the market. It is built for 4 adults! The lower double bed is ca. 180 cm long. The upper double bed is 200 cm long. Inside the camper you will find a toilet and a warm water boiler.
The vehicle should be driven with care because of its weight, combined approx 4500 kg. Please note that a cat. C1 or more is needed to drive this vehicle (5.000T).
We do not guarantee a specific model. The layout below is only an example – Camper Iceland does only guarantee the number of seats and sleeping places not a specific layout for each vehicle category.
Here are some important facts about the vehicle
- Make / Model: mentioned in description,
- Diesel or Benzin
- Age: 2005 and up
- Transmission: Automatic
- Power steering: Yes
- Fuel Capacity 100L
- Consumption approx. 14 – 22L
- Radio, CD
- Power train 2ws, 4wd (4×4) HIGH, 4×4 LOW
- Dimensions approx.Length/Width/Height 6.30m x 2.03m x 3.20m
- Capacity Adults: Vehicle 4, Camper 4
- Seat belts: 4
- Baby seat capacity: Yes,
- Bed Dimensions (cm) Top bed 155 x 200, lower bed 140 x 180
- Shower: no
- Toilet: YES
- Freshwater tank: 80L
- Waste water tank: 80L
- Black water tank: Yes
- Hot & cold water supply
- Gas stove: Yes,
- Fridge / Freezer: Yes
- Power Supply: 12/220 Volt
- Dual Battery: Yes
Our Tips & Tricks For Traveling
- Travelling with a Motor Home saves you a lot of money because you can shop in the super market instead of the restaurant.
- Book in advance to get the early bird discount.
- Book inside our opening hours (10:00 – 16:00) and save the after hour fee.
- We assist you in finding an accommodation if needed.
- Check our Flight rates to compare the rates.
- Book all extras in advance to save time on spot.
- After booking with us we provide more tips for preparing for Iceland and all the way until returning home.
WATCH THE MOVIE
This is Camper Iceland
1. Book and receive Information
As soon as you have booked your vehicle we send you detailed information on how to prepare for the trip and how to get to our rental station. It is important for us that you know where to go after you land in Iceland.
2. Family business
our Sales office and our rental station is operated by family members. In addition, we have handpicked delightful members to our team.
3. Customer Satisfaction
the most precious time in the year are holidays and vacations. We want you to enjoy our country and our product and are glad to assist.