"Simply the best"
In 1992 our family started to rent 4×4 Campers based on pop up campers. 2007 we revolutionized the market and were in fact the first company to offer hard side campers. In 2021 we took it to the next level and combined the economic trucks (f.e. Mitsubishi) with a brand new hard side camper from Germany.
A normal driver’s license is suitable for this truck. In our opinion this is the best solution for “overlanding” and exploring all of Iceland. Drive around Iceland or over the highland comfortably.
We have put together a few tips to make your planning easier. Our oldest brand dates back to 1987, hence the data is quite reliable. The Ring Road might seem short but if all the hot spots are visited the average KM are 2300 Km. The recommended travel time for the Ring Road is min. 12 days. If you only drive the Highland tour (Kjölur & Sprengisandur) you will drive 1100 Km.
Ring Road KM
Highland Trip KM
The Camper from Germany
The camper is based on an aluminium frame and is perfectly equipped for a nice holiday in Iceland. Propane is used to cook and heat up the camper (TRUMA heating). The fridge runs on electricity only and powered by 12V. The large camper battery is charged while you drive the vehicle and the 160 WATT solar panels charge it while you are parked. A cold water system is available and the 2 flame cook top can be used for cooking nice meals. A popular included option is the portable toilet.
Here are some important facts about the vehicle (The layouts below are only examples – Camper Iceland does only guarantee the number of seats and sleeping places not a specific layout for each vehicle category.)
“Best price solution”
Choose the “Pop-up” Camper edition and safe 10% on the daily rental rate.
- Make / Model: Mitsubishi L200, Toyota Hilux or similar
- Diesel engine (Turbo) or benzin
- Age 2017 and up
- Transmission: Automatic/Manual
- Power steering: Yes
- Fuel Capacity 70L
- SuperSelect 4×4
- 2×4 HI
- 4×4 HI with center-differential unlocked
- 4×4 HI with center-differential locked
- 4×4 LOW with center-differential locked
- 6-speaker sound system
- AUX and Bluetooth inputs for music, phone calls
- 2x USB ports for charging
- 2x 12V ports
- Cruise control
- Fuel consumption 12-14L/100km or 18-20 MPG
- 180 g/km CO2
- ABS with electronic brake distribution
- Active Stability and Traction Control
- Toilet: YES, portable
- Freshwater tank: 40L
- Cold water supply
- Gas stove: Yes,
- Gas bottle: 1 x 5kg, second optional
- Power Supply: 12
- Power Supply 220 Volt (when plugged in at the camp site)
- Dual Battery: Yes
- Bedsizes: 2050 x 1400mm / 945 x 1900mm
Our Tips & Tricks For Traveling
- Travelling with a Camper saves you a lot of money because you can shop in the supermarket instead of the restaurant.
- Book in advance to get the early bird discount.
- Book inside our opening hours (10:00 – 16:00) and save the after hour fee.
- We assist you in finding an accommodation if needed.
- Check our Flight rates to compare the rates.
- Book all extras in advance to save time on the spot.
- After booking with us, we provide more tips for preparing for Iceland and all the way until returning home.
The Camper explained
360° ROUND SHOT
Available soon, this camper is so new that we have not made the 360ies yet.
This is Camper Iceland
1. Book and receive Information
As soon as you have booked your vehicle we send you detailed information on how to prepare for the trip and how to get to our rental station. It is important for us that you know where to go after you land in Iceland.
2. Family business
our Sales office and our rental station is operated by family members. In addition, we have handpicked delightful members to our team.
3. Customer Satisfaction
the most precious time in the year are holidays and vacations. We want you to enjoy our country and our product and are glad to assist.
Have a look at this wonderful vehicle and picture yourself travelling around iceland in it.