"You asked for it"
…and here it is. The category 4×4 Camper TYR adds an automatic transmission, a stand alone toilet and a warm water system to the popular Category THOR. It features four cosy seats, a kitchen, a large bed in the alcove and a washroom with large, fold-down wash basin. With just minimal adjustment, the seating group can also be converted to a bed. Generously-dimensioned upholstery fillings make even long journeys a pleasure.
We have put together a few tips to make your planning easier. Our oldest brand dates back to 1987, hence the data is quite reliable. The Ring Road might seem short but if all the hot spots are visited the average KM are 2300 Km. The recommended travel time for the Ring Road is min. 12 days. If you only drive the Highland tour (Kjölur & Sprengisandur) you will drive 1100 Km.
Ring Road KM
Highland Trip KM
The Camper from Germany
As you know, Camper Iceland, is a family business and so is the producer of this wonderful camper, called Tischer. Today, the family company based in Kreuzwertheim in Germany designs and manufactures demountable cabins for all pick-ups available on the German market. With over 30 staff, they produce around 200 cabins per year. Cabin for cabin, with premium materials, precise workmanship and a passion for detail, they produce top quality campers.
(The layouts are only examples – Camper Iceland does only guarantee the number of seats and sleeping places not a specific layout for each vehicle category.)
|Total width*||210 cm|
|Total length*||585 cm|
|Total height*||299 cm|
|Standing height||195 cm|
|Platform length||400 cm|
|Floor length inside||237 cm|
|Bed dimensions alcoves||198 x 150 cm|
|TRAIL/BOX 230 Bed dimensions seating group||198 x 113 cm|
* approx. – depending on basis vehicle and equipment
- Make / Model: Isuzu D-MAX, Toyota Hilux, Nissan Navara or similar
- Diesel engine (Turbo) or gasoline (Bensin)
- Age 2017 and up
- Transmission: Automatic
- Power steering: Yes
- Fuel Capacity 70-90L
- 4×4 Hi & 4×4 Low
- Sound system
- AUX and Bluetooth inputs for music, phone calls
- USB ports for charging
- 2V ports
- Cruise control
- Fuel consumption 12-20L/100km
- 180 g/km CO2 (ISUZU)
- ABS with electronic brake distribution
- Active Stability and Traction Control
- Toilet: YES, built in
- Freshwater tank: 90L
- Waste water tank: 45L
- Cold water supply
- Gas stove: Yes,
- Power Supply: 12 Volt
- Power Supply 220 Volt (when plugged in at the camp site)
- Dual Battery: Yes
Our Tips & Tricks For Traveling
- Travelling with a Camper saves you a lot of money because you can shop in the supermarket instead of the restaurant.
- Book in advance to get the early bird discount.
- Book inside our opening hours (09:00 – 16:00) and save the after hour fee.
- We assist you in finding an accommodation if needed.
- Check our Flight rates to compare the rates.
- Book all extras in advance to save time on the spot.
- After booking with us, we provide more tips for preparing for Iceland and all the way until returning home.
This is Camper Iceland
1. Book and receive Information
As soon as you have booked your vehicle we send you detailed information on how to prepare for the trip and how to get to our rental station. It is important for us that you know where to go after you land in Iceland.
2. Family business
our Sales office and our rental station is operated by family members. In addition, we have handpicked delightful members to our team.
3. Customer Satisfaction
the most precious time in the year are holidays and vacations. We want you to enjoy our country and our product and are glad to assist.
Have a look at this wonderful vehicle and picture yourself travelling around iceland in it.