Just the right amount of everything.
Follow the good weather rather than a pre booked hotel schedule. Stay a day longer at a place that you want to see and love. Drink a coffee at a site and glaze out the window without the hassle of having to search for the next accommodation and the check in policy. Unpack your bag but once during the whole trip and even leave the luggage at our rental station. Buy food at the local super markets and save money. Dine out if you feel like it.
It’s yours for the taking. Visit Iceland, the land of Vikings and get inspired by nature. Take a swim each day and relax your muscles in the hot pot that you find in every swimming pool. After the trip you will have memories of an adventure and the relaxed body to go back to daily business.
We have put together a few tips to make your planning easier. Our oldest brand dates back to 1987, hence the data is quite reliable. The Ring Road might seem short but if all the hot spots are visited the average KM are 2300 Km. The recommended travel time for the Ring Road is min. 12 days. If you include the Westfjords you must add at least 7 days.
Ring Road KM
Incl. Westfjords KM
We do not guarantee a specific model. The layout below is only an example – Camper Iceland does only guarantee the number of seats and sleeping places not a specific layout for each vehicle category.
Here are some important facts about the vehicle
- Seats Driver 1
- Additional Seats Adult or Child: 1
- Total Seats: 2
- Total Sleep capacity in Vehicle: 2
- Bed 1 Dimensions (Capacity, W, L)
2 PAX Ca. 190 x 133cm
- Minimum driver age: 20
- Minimum years of driving: 1
- Maximum drivers age: 75
- EU Drivers license B (Normal Car)
- Vehicle Year 2017-2020
- Power Train Front Wheel Drive
- 4×4: NO
- Engine Size L 2.3
- Transmission type Manual
- Engine Type (Petrol or Diesel): Diesel
- Fuel consumption (Litres per 100KM) 9-11
- Exterior vehicle dimensions (L) (W) (H) 6580x2350x2850
- Interior height in meters 2
- Heating in the drivers cab YES
- Heating in the main cab YES
- Sink YES
- Built in Fridge YES
- Optional Cooler/Fridge YES
- Cook top (Type and number of burners) Stove, 2 Burners
- Hot Water YES
- Cold Water YES
- Fresh water tank 120L
- Grey (sink) water tank 120L
- Black (toilet) water tank Cassette
- Toilette Installed YES
- Shower YES
- Radio Type CD, RADIO, AUX
- Cruise control NO
- ABS / Power brakes YES
- Internal access to Camper YES
- Bike rack NO
- Awning NO
- Fly screens YES
- Power Supply (220V), dock on camp site YES
- Power Supply 12V while driving YES
- Inverter from 12V to 220V while driving Optional
- 12V Battery Vehicle YES
- 12V additional Battery YES
- Fuel tank capacity 70
Our Tips & Tricks For Traveling
- Travelling with a Motor Home saves you a lot of money because you can shop in the super market instead of the restaurant.
- Book in advance to get the early bird discount.
- Book inside our opening hours (10:00 – 16:00) and save the after hour fee.
- We assist you in finding an accommodation if needed.
- Check our Flight rates to compare the rates.
- Book all extras in advance to save time on spot.
- After booking with us we provide more tips for preparing for Iceland and all the way until returning home.
This is Camper Iceland
1. Book and receive Information
As soon as you have booked your vehicle we send you detailed information on how to prepare for the trip and how to get to our rental station. It is important for us that you know where to go after you land in Iceland.
2. Family business
our Sales office and our rental station is operated by family members. In addition, we have handpicked delightful members to our team.
3. Customer Satisfaction
the most precious time in the year are holidays and vacations. We want you to enjoy our country and our product and are glad to assist.
Have a look at this wonderful vehicle and picture yourself travelling around iceland in it.
Official dealer since 2009
We are the official McLouis, Elnagh and Mobilvetta dealer for Iceland. For over a decade we have worked close with the production company to provide suitable vehicles for the Icelandic conditions. All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary due to several reasons such as production changes, short term adding of vehicles, renewal of the fleet etc.